Friday, July 10, 2009

Even a humble sign can be great


Just got back from training the staff of Environment Bay of Plenty in New Zealand. NZ's regional councils are interesting beasts. The do the work that a host of state agencies would do other countries, everything from water quality, to air pollution, to road safety, to planning for 'Smart Growth'.

While I was there I saw a couple of great signs.

First, a perfect example of 'framing' in terms of the audience's values. I don't just want a hole, I want water!

And here's another stand-out, a sign with heart. Who says love and waste management don't mix? It's not quite "Don't mess with Texas" but it's up there. I understand NZ's new National Government has lost interest in sustainability issues and reduced funding for this, amongst other efforts.

Big mistake...this is the best recycling logo IN THE WORLD. Don't lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment